Friday, 17 July 2009
Torchwood Signing, Cardiff
Well, that was a fun day. Last week, I went to town with my twin, and we saw a sign saying that there would be a Torchwood signing of the 3rd series DVD with John Barrowman, Eve Myles and Gareth David-Lloyd (yum). So, we skipped home and merrily planned to go. That signing was today, and we went with two other friends, one of whom had a Captain Jack military coat!

My envious photo-editing skills. Yes, I made a fan club for my friend's Jack Harkness coat.

It was the most awesome thing ever. We got there at 11, had originally planned to be there for 1 o'clock but all our school lessons were cancelled (well, my twin actually had to mitch Biology, but shh), so we went early - and it was a good thing we did! There were already about 30 people in the queue, and the signing didn't start until 5pm!



The queue at about 4pm... probably about 300 people came in the end!

So we sat down in the queue for 6 1/2 hours... Here are some of the more interesting things that happened.

- 2 VERY ADHD kids kept having what they referred to as 'a pushy fight' in which they basically jumped on each other and pushed each other into shop doorways and phone boxes... that was the strangest thing I have ever seen people doing in public.

- A weird beggar woman came up to us. She was about 4ft tall and very old, with a coffee cup to beg with. I don't like being hassled - I am not averse to giving money to those who need it, but this woman literally just stood there until people gave her something, so I turned to her and said 'I'm sorry, but I have given all my worldly goods to the poor children of Belarus'. She actually smiled and said 'thank you'!

- A strange improvisational drama man began doing performances for us! He had this act where you gave him an object and he did a comedy act with it. He wasn't funny at all, but it passed about 15 minutes.


Then, at 5pm...

I HAVE THEIR AUTOGRAPHS.

I didn't speak to them - you weren't really allowed, there were too many people there - but GDL is lovely in real life, JB is better-looking than he is on screen (I think his botox was wearing off, thank goodness) and also very lovely, and EM is mad and equally lovely and has great hair. So, all-in-all, an amazing day - but my feet don't half hurt...

Labels: , ,

posted by AnwenKya at 13:16 -
2 Comments:
  • At 18 July 2009 at 04:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMGGG!

    Lol, you are so lucky! And the Harkness coat is just the epitome of cool.

    Why can't Torchwood signings come to Gloucestershireeeee? =/ It must be the cows and grass that scare them off.

    xx

     
  • At 18 July 2009 at 06:19, Blogger AnwenKya said…

    No, I think it's YOU who scares them off :P
    They were in London earlier in the day, guess they were only doing the capital cities.
    Haha yeah, it is a VERY cool coat - it's genuine WW2 as well, so we all had to be careful with it...

     

Post a Comment


About Me
Name: AnwenKya
Home:
Cardiff
About Me:
I am a 5ft blonde teenager with an overactive imagination, bad temper and terrifying sense of humour. Hear me roar!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


background by tayler