| Equality is against my religion. |
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1194454/Registrar-demoted-receptionist-refused-marry-gay-couples.html
This woman is a ridiculous human being. She is a marriage registrar who refuses to marry gay couples on the grounds of her Christian faith, and wonders why she got demoted to receptionist? Face the facts, love:
1. The law now states that gay couples can marry. Call it a civil partnership, a union - whatever, they still have the rights of a married couple. And so they should! Does it matter what your orientation is? Gay, straight, bisexual, asexual - people fall in love, and they have the right to get married.
2. If you don't want to marry people, why get a job as a registrar? It's in the job description! In any other job, if you were incapable of doing the job you would get demoted. Why does she feel that this situation is any different just because there's the 'gay controversy' at the centre of it?
3. You can't pick-and-choose who you serve as a government employee. It's not how democracy works. Let's say that she was refusing to marry blind people, or Asian people, or disabled people - any other minority. People would be up in arms about her attitude instead of her demotion. How would she feel if she wanted to marry a white person and the registrar said 'sorry, can't do that. I'm a white supremacist.' She'd be furious, and with good reason. This situation is no difference. There is no place for prejudice in today's society.
4. She uses her Christian faith to explain why she can't allow gay people to marry. Well, I'm not a Christian, but I'm pretty sure that 'thou shallt not preside over homosexual marriages, be it your vocation or otherwise' isn't one of the 10 Commandments.
5. She has now come out and said that she is suffering prejudice against Christianity. No, love. The only prejudice in this tennis court is coming from your side of the net. You're the one saying 'down with gay marriage'. They're not saying 'down with Christians', they're saying 'down with prejudice'. If you can't tell the difference between prejudice and Christianity, then maybe you're not really as good a Christian as you think.Labels: dear world, fascist shit, list, rant |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
I find it difficult to understand how she can one minute state she won't preside over homosexual marriages and calmly state the next minute that 'I have nothing against homosexuals.'
Contradictory much? :P
(It's equally ridiculous that before heterosexuals make a 'stand' to defend homosexuals, they always make it a really big point that they aren't homosexual themself. It's just like, 'By the way, I would like to point out that I myself am in now way gay, but I want to defend blablabla.' It's rather ironic really.)
XD
-
Haha! Putting it in less eloquent terms, you dissed her good and proper. :P
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
Name: AnwenKya
Home: Cardiff
About Me: I am a 5ft blonde teenager with an overactive imagination, bad temper and terrifying sense of humour. Hear me roar!
See my profile...
|
|
|
|
|

background by tayler
|
|
I find it difficult to understand how she can one minute state she won't preside over homosexual marriages and calmly state the next minute that 'I have nothing against homosexuals.'
Contradictory much? :P
(It's equally ridiculous that before heterosexuals make a 'stand' to defend homosexuals, they always make it a really big point that they aren't homosexual themself. It's just like, 'By the way, I would like to point out that I myself am in now way gay, but I want to defend blablabla.' It's rather ironic really.)
XD