| Bad drivers make me hate the world. |
I went to Bridgend today. I don't usually. I don't wake up and immediately think, 'I'll go to Bridgend today'. Not that I dislike Bridgend at all. I have some very fond memories of it, like when I bought a toy cat from one of the toyshops there and the assistant forgot to take off the security tag, so my dad had to hammer it off in the living room with me howling like a banshee, afraid he'd hurt my new cat. My twin sister is in Berlin on a school trip, the lucky bint, so I decided 'I'm not having this', and I rebelled against the Man of boredom by going to Bridgend. On the way there, we were stuck behind a man (living corpse!) who misread all the speed limit signs of 50mph as 25mph. It didn't help that my Uncle insisted on playing whining, drivelling durge on the stereo - 'The Crying Game' and 'I Wanna Know What Love Is' to name but two - and by the end of that stretch of the motorway, I felt like throwing myself out of the car and walking. I probably would have got there quicker. Also on the way there, we were graced by the presence of a moronic tit in a BMW on the motorway doing a respectable 60mph - while on the phone. I actually stuck my middle finger up at him and mouthed 'get off your phone, you nimwit'. I can't believe the idiocy of some people on the roads. They should be torn from their precious cars and forced to ride bicycles on the M4. It might give them some lessons in safety awareness. I've noticed that a lot of people talk on the phone while driving. It's really disconcerting when lorry drivers do it. You feel like shouting, 'look, mate, you've got a big-ass truck tied to the back of your little cubby-hole, now stop talking to your trailer-mistress on the microwave and focus on the big plastic doughnut in front of you!' How hard can it be? These people have passed their driving tests, for God's sake. I haven't, and I know it's a pretty bad idea to risk the lives of others (and yourself) just so you can tell your wife that you've changed your mind about the pot roast. So, here is my message to bad drivers everywhere; STOP IT. The girl you're trying to impress won't fancy you quite so much when you're behind bars for your prattiness.Labels: me, rant |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
Did I ever tell you about the anti-speeding advert they show in Australia? There are billboards and TV adverts (which they've pulled now), with one woman or more wearing an unimpressed expression and waving a little finger. The caption says: "Speeding. No-one thinks big of you." Apparently, they had to axe the TV ad because people were were starting to wave their pinkies at speeders, and consequently getting beaten up. Some git even stopped on the Harbour Bridge to attack a woman who imitated the ad!
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2nvAFOk7x0
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
Name: AnwenKya
Home: Cardiff
About Me: I am a 5ft blonde teenager with an overactive imagination, bad temper and terrifying sense of humour. Hear me roar!
See my profile...
|
|
|
|
|

background by tayler
|
|
Did I ever tell you about the anti-speeding advert they show in Australia? There are billboards and TV adverts (which they've pulled now), with one woman or more wearing an unimpressed expression and waving a little finger. The caption says: "Speeding. No-one thinks big of you."
Apparently, they had to axe the TV ad because people were were starting to wave their pinkies at speeders, and consequently getting beaten up. Some git even stopped on the Harbour Bridge to attack a woman who imitated the ad!